11.04.2008

Important Election Day Notes

Have you voted yet?
Well I have. It took me about 10 minutes, including travel time! That's definitely not the same story for most people. Even at my own polling station, there was a line for the 84th District that wrapped to the outside of the building. I felt bad for those people as I was buying some bake sale goods on my way out. NOT!

You can track the race all night at this very helpful website- Is Obama President?

While my vote may lead to Barack Obama's presidental win, I will also be able to reap the benefits of being a registered voter in what might be the single most important presidential election in our history. Starbucks is offering free coffee, Krispy Kreme is giving out donuts, Ben & Jerry's wants you to eat their ice cream (for free), and my personal favorite- Babeland in Brooklyn in giving out free dildos... Hmmm which of these am I going to obtain first...

And on that note- go out and vote right now if you haven't. Get that free vibrator and orgasm your way to change or, god forbids, out of depression.

If it's any consolation, my mom called the race as a win for Obama last night, and she's a McCain supporter.

And for fun- read how your favorite NFL player is voting. Or not voting.

No comments: