10.07.2008

Sick Band Alert: The Gaslight Anthem


Despite being the armpit of our nation and the birth state of one Paul Hanly, New Jersey tends to hit us with something cool every once in a while. Just kidding Paul - I love you. Yes, I know what you're thinking, what could be the next band that rises from the swamps of NJ and into the national spotlight following the footsteps of Bon Jovi, The Boss and Bouncing Souls? Well, feast your ears on The Gaslight Anthem. They are everything I want in a band: melodies, driving riffs and a big old set of balls. May I suggest you crank "The '59 Sound" and start a pit with the person in the cubicle next to you? I'm going to check them out at Roseland next week and will let you know if they have the mustard live, but I'm already betting the farm they nail it. RIYL: The Boss, Against Me, Leather Jackets, Pink Cadillacs and good old fashion Rock and Roll.

1 comment:

Yaps said...

Seconded. Also check out Jackson United. Their jam White Flag Burning is legit.